Join TCWPA at 9 AM on May 9th for the Annual Members Meeting at Legislative Plaza, 301 6th Ave North, Nashville. Members will review the 2014 Annual Report, elect the 2015-2016 Board of Directors, and recognize the 2015 Robert A Ragland Award winner and other special guests. Meeting time: 1 hour.
Following the meeting, Nashville historian Brian Allison will guide a 2-hour walking tour, Civil War Nashville: An Occupied City at War With Itself. Starting at Legislative Plaza, participants will explore the streets where Northern soldiers and Southern citizens lived side-by-side in an uneasy truce. See the sites and hear the stories from the headquarters where Generals met to plan their campaigns, to government installations where freedmen worked, to the hospitals where the sick and wounded suffered, and to the sinks of “Smoky Row”.
Both events are open to the public. There is no fee for the tour but pre-tour registration is required. If the tour fills, we’ll keep a waiting list as there often are cancellations. Click here to register.
- Sign in at Legislative Plaza by 9:45 AM if you can’t attend the Members meeting. Enter the building at the bottom of the pedestrian ramp on 6th Avenue.
- The tour goes rain or shine so wear weather-appropriate clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- We’ll provide bottled water and light snacks.
- The tour will be on city sidewalks, with inclines in sections and an estimated total walking distance of about 1 ½ miles. We’ll stop frequently at sites on the tour.
- Following the tour participants are invited to a no-host lunch at a nearby downtown restaurant. Brian will take questions during lunch.
We expect the tour to fill fast so please register early. If you have to cancel, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can offer your place to those on the waiting list.
Questions? Please contact TCWPA at email@example.com